Monday, November 21, 2011

Chemical Peels to remove acne scars = keloids?

I'm 22 yrs old, asian with a medium/beige skintone. I've got slight but many acne scarring on one side of my cheek and the other side seem to have form keloids or hypertropic scars. I've got a history of forming keloids especially from piercings and my primary physician did mention it can occur from acne.





My question is would it be ok for me to have chemical treatments without triggering keloids to possibly come out? I had a consultation at the spa, but jeez the lady that consulted me didn't even know the answer. Can anyone pls. help? Thanks!Chemical Peels to remove acne scars = keloids?
Hypertropic scars are extremely difficult to treat! Even keloids can be quite challenging. People who form these types of scars are at risk for forming them anytime they have an injury or procedure done that involves the integrity of the skin.





Only a dermatologist would be able to answer this question...after examining your skin. So, please see a dermatologist. In fact, I would recommend that any treatment you receive be done by a dermatologist, not a spa. You will have a greater chance of a successful outcome and avoid the risk of forming more of these difficult scars.

No comments:

Post a Comment