Monday, August 23, 2010

What works best (over the counter products) on acne scars when there is existing acne on that area?

I recommend Benzoyl Peroxide. I have used it myself and it works very well. You may have an adjustment period during which your skin may turn slightly red or peel where you have used it. This is normal and it should pass after a week or so. Benzoyl Peroxide is sold in creams, lotions and washes. I recommend a cream that is applied topically. I have had success with the Clean and Clear brand. You can always consult a dermotologist regarding your acne or remaining scars. You may also want to alternate using an acne product such as Benzoyl Peroxide and a scar product such as Mederma which may decrease the appearance of old scars.What works best (over the counter products) on acne scars when there is existing acne on that area?
Benzoyl peroxide was pretty harsh on my skin and eventually I got more stubborn acne, though this may vary with different skin types. Sorry to tell you this but according to a few dermatologists the only truly effective way to remove the appearance of scars is through lasers.
  • maybelline
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment